1) My water broke at 2:00 a.m. in our bed.
2) Billy drove me to the hospital in our 1972 Plymouth Fury III and had to do a 7-point turn into a parking stall at the hospital (because he was extremely nervous and half asleep, but mostly because of the length of our vehicle).
3) Cadyn was born shortly after 9:00 a.m. and weighed-in at a whopping 8 lbs 7 oz. He was enormous considering he was born 4 1/2 weeks early. All of the Labor & Delivery nurses referred to him as the Giant Preemie.
4) I asked the doctor if there was any way that my due date could have been off because he was the size of a full-term baby. He informed me that there are certain characteristics that preemies display such as the cartilage in their upper ear being soft, the absence of lines on the bottoms of their feet, and also the absence of nipples. Yep, Cadyn was born nipple-less!
5) I was scared to death when Billy came back from taking Cadyn to the nursery and informed me that he was having difficulty breathing. Cadyn had to spend 10 days in NICU until he could learn how to eat without choking.
I love you, Boomer! Happy Birthday sweet boy!