Friday, December 12, 2008

Gina the Human Smooge-Picker...(I new you would laugh, mom and Aubs!)

I'm such a bad blogger! Well, it has been quite some time since my last post and way too much has happened to try to catch up on everything. I can say that crow season is finally over...and thank goodness for that! Here is a taste of just a few of the crazy occurances that took place during these last few months: My laptop took a poop and was down for about 4 weeks until I took it in for repair (one reason I haven't posted any updates for so long), three people that I'm close to had major health issues that were cause for great concern, my laundry room and downstairs bathroom were flooded with sewage, and one of my employees was hit by a car as he was crossing a road and was life-flighted to a hospital in Ogden. The good news is that all of these stories have fairly good endings and that the 9 months ahead should be a breeze!

I've posted some pictures of the work being done to our basement since the sewer backed-up, which of course happened on my birthday. I was quite excited (after spending my day off trying to clean up the mess - which was WAY worse then I ever could have imagined) to find out that homeowner's insurance covers such incidences. In a way, our sewer problem has ended up being a "blessing in disguise"...the disguise being a lot of smelly sewage-soaked clothing, carpet, and drywall with globs of dried up toilet paper stuck to everything...the blessing being a remodel of our laundry room and bathroom, new carpet for the entire basement and stairway, and a bunch of money to buy new clothes! What was I thinkin' trying to do the job myself? Well, Mike Rowe would have been proud anyway!




1 comment:

jhjonze said...

Yeah! An update! Mike Rowe would have been very proud of you and will someone please keep me updated on poor Keith!